Hello, everyone, and happy Presidents’ Day. I’d like to share some interesting facts about the people we are celebrating, if you are celebrating. I had a lot of fun finding and reading facts about the people who were in the highest elected position in America. It was interesting and, to me, well worth it. I hope you enjoy reading these as much I did, for a little break in the hassle of your day. (Below each president, except for William Henry Harrison, there is a quote that I feel is pertinent to our lives. If you want, please comment which quote, or fact you liked the best.)
1) George Washington’s Birthday was February 22nd and this holiday was originally a celebration of his birthday! However, it has morphed into a celebration of all presidents.
2) George Washington was the only president to be unanimously elected to office.
3) The shortest president was James Madison, the fourth president, standing at just 5’4″.
4) Andrew Jackson, the seventh president fought in 103 duels, before becoming president, to defend his wife’s integrity.
5) William Henry Harrison, the ninth president, died just 32 days after taking office. He died from a cold, which caught, giving his inauguration speech in the rain.
6) John Adams, the second president, often skipped school to go hunting and fishing!
7) Abraham Lincoln, the sixteenth president, won a wrestling match in 1831 against a bully in Illinois, Jack Armstrong.
8) Ulysses S. Grant, the eighteenth president received $20 a speeding Ticket riding his horse too fast down a street in Washington.
9) John F. Kennedy’s application to Harvard was pretty lackluster.
10) President Obama collects “Spider-Man” and “Conan the Barbarian” comics.
Thank you for reading! Have a great day!