Thank you Rude Girl for the nomination of The Blogger Recognition Award! I love that you have liked my posts thus far and that you felt my writing was worth enough, in some way, to be recognized. It’s a big pat on the back and I will use that as motivation to continue writing.
Everyone reading, please check out Rude Girl for music recommendations, the raw truth, beautiful thoughts, as well as feelings, and amazing writing, that you can read anytime. She has a very interesting life story that just needs to be read. You are missing out if you don’t check her blog out!
Also, I want to thank everyone who reads my blog. It is a playground for me to improve my writing and meet new people, so I glad you want to come along for the ride.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how you blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them and a link to the post you created.
I started blogging recently and it was while I was lying in bed. I couldn’t sleep and thought to myself, “How can I become a better writer, so I can finally write that book I’ve been wanting to write?” I quickly reached for my iPhone, and typed in, quite frantically, “How do I become a better writer?”. I read a couple of articles and they all said the same thing, write often. It seems pretty straight forward, but what do I write about and why would I want to do that? It seemed like pretty hard work, but I started writing then and there, at about 11 pm. I realized that I might as well start a blog, so that I could improve my writing while learning about others and making connections around the world.
Advice for new bloggers:
- Just start writing and post: I know it can be a pretty daunting task sharing your thoughts and ideas on the internet where anyone can see it, but that’s what makes blogging fun. There’s nothing bad that will happen if you start writing and post. You will find people like you, or that accept you and you’ll have fun. I’ve had so much fun since I’ve started blogging and feel really bad that I haven’t been able to keep it up like I would’ve liked to, but that goes to my second point.
- Write for you: Although you will find other people that you connect with, do not forget, once you’ve started writing and posting, that’s it’s for you. blogging is your own personal domain, where you can share your thoughts and feelings. Even if you’ve posted before and want to make it a regular thing, don’t be afraid to miss some days. It happens and the important thing is that you write and post when you feel like it. Write and post when you are in the empire state of mind and soon you’ll find that you’ll keep writing just to stay in that empire state of mind.
I’d like to recognize the following:
Sorry that I don’t have more bloggers, but these are some great bloggers, that I’ve had the pleasure of finding. I’m glad I’ve found them because they are awesome. Like I said, I new to blogging, so I don’t really follow that many people at this moment.
Be excellent to each other. And… PARTY ON, DUDES!
-Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure